From my previous blog, we had learn ow to create key vault. Now, we learn about how to crate SQL Server Virtual Machine.
- Search ‘SQL Server 2016’ from Azure Marketplace
NOTE: Make sure choose Developer Edition to mimize cost.
- click ‘Create’ to continue
Create Virtual Machine wizard
Name VM disk type User Name Password Confirm Password Subscription Resource Group Location sqlserver### SSD azureadmin strongpassword strongpassword yoursubscription workshop-### West US
- SizeSelect size and click ‘Select’.
- SettingsClick ‘Network Security Group (firewall)’.Select ‘None’. And click ‘OK’.
- SQL Server settings
- Click ‘Enable’.
- Change login name as ‘sqladmin’. Password will be same as os admin.
- Click ‘Azure Key Vault integration’ and click ‘Enable’ in the Azure Key Vault integration blade.
- Copy Key Vault URL and spKey from your note and paste them to Key vault URL and Principal secret.
- Type Principal name ‘securityworkshop###’. Please note, ### should be replaced into 3 digits.
- Type ‘sqlCred’ in Credential name.
Click ‘OK’ and click ‘OK’ in ‘SQL Server settings’ blade.
- SummaryClick ‘Create’. The vitual machine will be created within 11 minutes.